Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Christopher Braun shared Review - Yamaha CP33 Stage Piano


The Yamaha CP33 Digital Stage Piano is the entry digital piano in Yamaha's professional stage piano lineup. This is basically the same piano as the Yamaha CP300 but about $1000 cheaper. The CP33 is a large step up from the P-series units in both sound and feel.


This piano is perfect for a professional gigging musician or an amateur that wants a serious digital piano. Let me cut to the chase - the sound is vibrant, sparking and authentic. You can actually hear harmonic overtones and felt dampers when using the pedal. I had the privilege of finding one for sale at my local music store (these pianos are hard to find) and the sound was so sweet and inspiring I had to drag myself away from the keyboard.


Not only does a piano have to have a magical sound that will inspire you to keep playing it also needs to be responsive to your fingers. Well let me tell you, the CP33 feels great. This piano has impressive keyboard action that really lets you express yourself thanks to their advanced Graded Hammer Effect technology that gradually increases the resistance of the keys as you hit the lower notes. As a serious musician realistic piano action is very important to me and the Yamaha CP33 gets top marks here.


All in all, the Yamaha CP33 stage piano is a very balanced digital piano suitable for the professional musician. Sure there are many fine digital pianos out there that cost less but if you can afford it, it's truly worth the few extra hundred bucks -- you'll thank me in the long run.


The CP33 is one classy digital piano for the serious pro musician and the amateur alike. This keyboard is an investment that you'll never regret.


14 comments:

  1. Instead of doing my summer reading today, I learned how to play the Howl's Moving Castle theme on the piano. Time well spent? YES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seriously think my violin is feeling neglected... been piano'ing too much recently

    ReplyDelete
  3. IfYouReallyKnewMe you'd know i've always lovedd thaa piano nn wanna learn how to play it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, cool! I wish I could sing. I can play clarinet, trumpet, a few chords on the guitar and mess around with a piano. And write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. piano and violin and harmonicas should be more involved in music making

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im excited for Rih's new album :D ! I hope there is more piano ballads like Final Goodbye, Cry, Unfaithful, A Million Miles Away...

    ReplyDelete
  7. First night in the new house involved eating oysters drinking champaign and learning to play the piano accordion. Promising.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First piano lesson. I cannot believe it's come down to this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heading off to piano lessons. Just in time too as I have heard from both the llama and the muppet that my practicing is annoying them both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *falls off the piano like alicia keys* ouchii ouchii ouchii dang mi knee get the * out the way foo dont yuhh see my knee hurt and my arm!!:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore a piano! It's the most beautiful and genius instrument!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Told zenthehen I'll go school at 9am, & I still have time to play piano now. Need to change now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finger Piano? A surprisingly fun game. Not as responsive as a regular piano, but it makes up for that in portability.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And Shadowthistle I have always wanted to play wizard101 themes on piano! I can play one of the marleybone themes but not with chords :(

    ReplyDelete