Saturday, August 14, 2010

Used Drum Sets


So you're thinking about buying a used drum set? Good for you! This is a great way to either get into your first set of drums or to upgrade inexpensively. Used drum sets can be found but you have to be careful when purchasing to make sure it will perform at its best.


Take for instance drum heads. The drum heads (the parts you usually strike when you are playing-the "skins") are something that could be worn out and need to be replaced. Make sure you check that out. The cost of replacing these could run $70 or higher.


Another important thing to check is the drum hardware. Are you sure that all of the connections are tight and not worn down? Can you can tune your drums (very important)? Tuning happens with with drum keys. They should turn easily and none of the bolts should be so stripped.


Some other things to look at are the hoops (the metal ring that holds down the drum head) and the tension rods (the screws that adjust drum head tension)


Although these prices can vary, you can expect to pay between $200 to $1000 dollars for a used drum set. You can pick up a used drum set either from an individual, a store or even online. There are advantages and disadvantages to each one.


So there it is. Make sure you shop carefully and use these techniques when you make this very important decision of buying a used drum set. thank you for your time and happy shopping.


12 comments:

  1. Apparently, someone in the neighborhood got a new drum set. He's no questlove for sure. NeedEarplugsStat

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure is my dude...goodlookin on the youtube videos....made drum rolls alot easier...we gotta link in the near future

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the drum for sure. I appreciate it as a piece of baseball, but it's really freaking annoying! Sox "fans" are temporary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. March to the sound of your own drum,but make sure GOD is the conductor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sure I think I can drum an article about that in the future. I recently moved from Hamilton to York Region.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not at my computer but I'm pretty sure the opening drum loop on the new !!! album is a stock Fruity Loops drum loop justsayin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Accommodation prices in India sure ain't what they used to be. I guess that's the price of 'progress'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure if I can get used 2 these Sparticus shoes/sandals that women wearing now.... I dnt know if we gone smash or go'n n2 battle!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't sure if those allowed people in though, haven't used them in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure TeamFollowBack

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not gonna lie it feels weird to have money. Not sure if i am used to this yet... The Lord is truly good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to have a d5000. If you get a fisheye, make sure it's auto focus because the manual setting sucks.

    ReplyDelete